Voting

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You asked for more blogging, so this post is about you!!!

I follow alot of mom blogs and love to see what other moms are doing and get great ideas from them.  Well I love this blog.
http://lindsay-thelees.blogspot.com/ And I am copying her post cause it fits with my sister and I!  Except I am changing a few things!



My Sister, My Best Friend!

Although I don't like to cling to my past,
sometimes I need to be reminded of where I came from.
My family roots.
Who I am.
No body can bring me back to where I came from like my sister.

You see growing up, 
my sister and I were polar OPPOSITES.
We were 3 years apart and had very different personalities.
She was the talked back,
I did as I was told.
She was messy.
I was the neat freak.
She was good at sports 
I wasn't
She had boobs
I didn't.


 
In fact, for a good majority of growing up,
My sister pretended not to like me  (you were just pretending right? lol)
We had different bodies, different likes, and I always wanted to hang out with her and her friends (which was annoying, I'm sure).  

As we got older,
the fights would shift from stealing TOYS to stealing CLOTHES.
{Except I needed boobs to fit in them }

It wasn't until she graduated high school that our relationship changed for the better.
We began to understand each other.
We became best friends!.

My sister became my safety net in the chaotic world I was leading.
She knew me as I always was and EVERYTHING about me. 
She NEVER judged.


Now that I have a family of my own,
our sister time is far and few between.
Most of our phone conversations involve one of our children screaming in the background.
My sister understands that,
and loves me anyway.
She has taught me so many things about being a mom, friend and wife!  

I look up to her so much!  She has been through so much and pulled through with more grace, integrity and dignity than anyone I know.  We have been through more sorrow than most and she has showed me how to pick yourself up off the ground when you've been kicked  slammed down HARD!!! And with a smile.  Even if she was faking it til she was making it.

I thank God for my sister.
I'm not sure I could go at this life without her. 
She knows my heart NOW and she knew it THEN.
We can laugh at family jokes,
CRY OVER SORROWS,
Laugh over our Daddy's jokes,
Give advice to our momma,
vent to,
bounce ideas off of.



She is the keeper of my identity,
and my best friend.
and THAT is pretty awesome!

I could go on and on, but you get the idea!


1 comment: